Effective date: 31 January 2022
Forkbeard Technologies AS (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Lyra mobile application (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
- Service: Service is the Lyra mobile application operated by Forkbeard Technologies AS
- Personal Data: Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject” or “User”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly.
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of Personal Data for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Type Of Personal Data, Purposes And Legal Basis For Processing
While using our Service, we may process certain Personal Data. The Personal Data may be provided by the Data Subject itself, from publicly accessible sources or third parties such as service providers, partners.
Such Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Usage Data & Tracking Data
When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data (“Usage Data”).
We process this Usage Data to
- enhance the user experience,
- optimize our Service methods,
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so, to monitor the usage of our Service,
- to detect, prevent and address technical issues,
- demonstrate the Service when you choose to do so,
- and other administrative, operational, and administrative purposes.
The legal basis for such processing is our legitimate interest in maintaining, operating, optimising and giving you full access to the Service and collect statistics (GDPR Article 6 (1) (f)).
We may have access to information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We process Location Data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service.
Such processing is based on your consent (GDPR Article 6 (1) (a)). You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
We use Forkbeard Phone-FUEL™ Software Development Kit and similar tracking technologies to track the activity on our Service and we hold certain information if you give us permission to do so (Bluetooth Low Energy & Microphone access). Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service. Such processing is based on your consent (GDPR Article 6 (1) (a)).
Use Of Data
In addition to what mentioned above we may process your personal data in connection with the following processing activities:
- Ensure compliance and legitimate interests: We may also process personal data in order to comply with statutory obligations to which we are subject, and to safeguard own or third parties’ legitimate interests, e.g. in relation to establishing a legal claim or preventing unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal data (GDPR Article 6 (1) (f)).
- Legal obligations: We may process personal data due to legal obligations applicable to the operation of our business (GDPR Article 6 (1) (c)), such as accounting obligations.
We may, on a case-by-case basis, process personal data for other purposes and rely on different legal grounds, such consent or legitimate interest or, in accordance with applicable data protection law, as set forth in an applicable privacy notice.
Retention of Personal Data
Forkbeard Technologies AS will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this Personal Data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
We will not process or store your personal data outside the EU/EEA.
If you are located outside Norway and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Norway and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to, collect, store or otherwise process your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Disclosure For Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Forkbeard Technologies AS may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Forkbeard Technologies AS may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Forkbeard Technologies AS
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Forkbeard Technologies AS relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Last updated: 31 January 2022