Embedded software developer
Indoor positioning remains one of the unsolved technology challenges. We waste endless of hours yearly searching for people and stuff indoors.
Our mission is to provide the world with the ability to locate people in the great indoors. Forkbeard´s solution pinpoints a person’s position indoors using ground-breaking patented ultrasound technology, and the device already in your pocket – a smartphone.
Bringing accurate, affordable and scalable positioning services to the indoors will make our lives easier, fuel innovation and bring massive benefits to users and businesses.
We are working with leading companies internationally, and are looking for the right people to join our team on a journey of growth.
Forkbeard is looking for an Embedded Developer who will be working in a team of highly experienced SW developers and architects. As a member of a small, dedicated team, you will be responsible for design, development and testing of the firmware on our infrastructure devices. Your engineering expertise will be challenged on embedded programming for battery-powered devices, radio communication protocols, ultrasound signal processing and much more. You will also help maintain and develop our build system and infrastructure. The position will be located at our headquarters in Oslo, Norway.
You are inquisitive by nature and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you can make a large impact and take part in steering deliveries in the optimal direction. As a team member you are open and resourceful, while enjoying to deliver as part of a team.
Your key skills include:
- Excellent skills in C and/or C++
- Experience with embedded development
- Good knowledge of python, shell scripting or similar
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
It is also beneficial, but not crucial if you:
- Have a Master or Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Are familiar with Nordic uCs
- Are familiar with embedded linux systems
- Have a good understanding of race conditions, ISRs, timers, uarts, peripherals
- Have knowledge of wireless communication protocols (BLE, NB-IoT, etc)
- Have experience with continuous integration
- Can tell if a transistor is active high or low and read basic schematics
- Know your way around a logic analyzer and an oscilloscope
What You Will Need To Succeed and Develop
- Strong communication skills
- Can-do attitude and ability to focus and deliver
What We Offer You
- Small, dynamic and thriving organisation, where the contribution from each single individual employee have visible and tangible impact
- Empowerment and ability to grow with the company
- An opportunity to contribute in bringing GPS-like positioning to the great indoors
- Modern offices at Sollerud beach, close to Lysaker train station with excellent facilities, including free gym
- Good opportunities for working from home
- Competitive salary and overall compensation package
- Options program
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com