C++ Software Developer
Working on the final frontier of navigation – the great indoors
The world has been thoroughly mapped down to street view level, and everyone with a smartphone is an expert navigator. At least outside. Inside buildings, we still navigate like our viking ancestors, through signs and (God forbid), asking for directions.
Forkbeard is a Norwegian deep-tech startup, set out to conquer the final frontier of navigation: The great indoors! Our aim is to become the indoor GPS! In short, we deliver the blue dot for smart devices, indoors.
Our unique technology uses ultrasound and Bluetooth® signals to accurately determine the indoor location of people and objects via their smartphones or tags. Think of how many services use Google Maps – now think of the opportunities indoors, with better navigation, better flow, better decisions, basically better experiences through Forkbeard’s technology.
For the Covid-19 pandemic we leveraged our deep knowledge of Bluetooth® systems and developed a social distancing and contact tracing solution. With our pandemic solution we help to conduct large international events (e.g., Eurovision Song Contest 2021), to get students back to the university campus (e.g., TU Delft) and to reopen businesses (e.g., EY).
If you have a passion for pioneering and would like to not only shape a company, but an entire new industry, we’d like to hear from you!
About the job
As part of the SDK development team, you are at the heart of our technology and exposed to a large variety of use-cases. You will be working directly on the core of our technology and will help develop ground-breaking algorithms in the whole positioning chain, from ultrasound signal processing, sensor fusion and all the way to the positioning itself. You will be given the responsibility of developing cross-platform core algorithms and features, mainly in C++. Through your work you will contribute to solve indoor positioning challenges that will unlock countless services and use-cases, many of which probably not even yet conceivable. To do that we believe it is essential that you are inquisitive by nature, and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where you can make a huge impact. As we work in teams, we take it for granted that you will enjoy delivering as part of one of them, with an open-minded attitude and willingness to share your knowledge.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in C++
- Good mathematical and algorithmic knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to share knowledge with the team and community
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Experience with iOS and/or Android development
- Experience with signal processing
- Experience with sensor fusion
- Experience with LabView
- Thriving with new technology and fast innovation
- Can-do attitude and ability to focus and deliver
Technologies we use
- Android (Kotlin, Java)
- iOS (Swift, Objective-C)
What we offer
- Meaningful work and relationships in a small, dynamic and thriving organization where every single contribution has a visible impact
- Strong focus on cutting-edge innovation and the pioneering of a new industry
- Empowerment and ability to grow with the company
- Ability to choose between working from the office or home
- Modern offices at Sollerud beach (Lysaker, Oslo) with excellent facilities and free gym
- Outdoor company events and strategy offsites (Strateski)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Company options program
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com.