Working on the final frontier of navigation – the great indoors
The world has been thoroughly mapped down to street view level, and everyone with a smartphone is an expert navigator. At least outside. Inside buildings, we still navigate like our viking ancestors, through signs and (God forbid), asking for directions.
Forkbeard is a Norwegian deep-tech startup, set out to conquer the final frontier of navigation: The great indoors! Our aim is to become the indoor GPS! In short, we deliver the blue dot for smart devices, indoors.
Our unique technology uses ultrasound and Bluetooth® signals to accurately determine the indoor location of people and objects via their smartphones or tags. Think of how many services use Google Maps – now think of the opportunities indoors, with better navigation, better flow, better decisions, basically better experiences through Forkbeard’s technology.
For the Covid-19 pandemic we leveraged our deep knowledge of Bluetooth® systems and developed a social distancing and contact tracing solution. With our pandemic solution we help to conduct large international events (e.g., Eurovision Song Contest 2021), to get students back to the university campus (e.g., TU Delft) and to reopen businesses (e.g., EY).
If you have a passion for pioneering and would like to not only shape a company, but an entire new industry, we’d like to hear from you!
About the job
You will be responsible for design, development and testing of the firmware on our infrastructure devices. Your engineering expertise will be challenged on embedded programming for battery-powered devices, radio communication protocols, ultrasound signal processing and much more. You will also help maintain and develop our systems and infrastructure.
You are inquisitive by nature and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you can make a large impact and take part in steering deliveries in the optimal direction. You are open and resourceful, while enjoy delivering as part of a team.
- 2 years of experience in high quality software development
- Experienced in large cloud deployments with high traffic
- Knowledgeable in implementing system monitoring and outage alerts
- Strong understanding of internet security architecture
- Ability to understand and analyse big complex systems
- Engineering mindset with strong problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills
- Team player with high level of self-motivation and strong independent execution
- Master or bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Kotlin
Technologies we use
- Google Cloud Platform
What we offer
- Meaningful work and relationships in a small, dynamic and thriving organization where every single contribution has a visible impact
- Strong focus on cutting-edge innovation and the pioneering of a new industry
- Empowerment and ability to grow with the company
- Ability to choose between working from the office or home
- Modern offices at Sollerud beach (Lysaker, Oslo) with excellent facilities and free gym
- Outdoor company events and strategy offsites (Strateski)
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Company options program
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more questions reach out to email@example.com.