Working on the final frontier of navigation – the great indoors
The world has been thoroughly mapped down to street view level, and everyone with a smartphone is an expert navigator. At least outside. Inside buildings, we still navigate like our viking ancestors, through signs and (God forbid), asking for directions.
Forkbeard is a Norwegian deep-tech startup, set out to conquer the final frontier of navigation: The great indoors! Our aim is to become the indoor GPS! In short, we deliver the blue dot for smart devices, indoors.
Our unique technology uses ultrasound and Bluetooth® signals to accurately determine the indoor location of people and objects via their smartphones or tags. Think of how many services use Google Maps – now think of the opportunities indoors, with better navigation, better flow, better decisions, basically better experiences through Forkbeard’s technology.
For the Covid-19 pandemic we leveraged our deep knowledge of Bluetooth® systems and developed a social distancing and contact tracing solution. With our pandemic solution we help to conduct large international events (e.g., Eurovision Song Contest 2021), to get students back to the university campus (e.g., TU Delft) and to reopen businesses (e.g., EY).
If you have a passion for pioneering and would like to not only shape a company, but an entire new industry, we’d like to hear from you!
About The Job
Solving indoor positioning will unlock countless services and use-cases, many of which probably not even yet conceivable. As part of the app/SDK development team, you will be at the heart of that technology and will be exposed to a large variety of use-cases. You will have the responsibility to develop app-level features both for iOS and Android platforms.
You are inquisitive by nature and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, where you can make a large impact. As a team member you are open and resourceful, while enjoying to deliver as part of a team.
- Master or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Coding experience in Kotlin and/or Swift.
- Expertise in iOS and/or Android development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share knowledge with the team and community.
- Experience with Java and/or Objective-C.
- Experience with C++.
- Experience with using app distribution platforms.
- Experience with using and documenting Web APIs.
- Experience with cross platform toolkits such as Flutter and React Native.
What you need
- Strong communication skills
- Understand what makes great software and a great user experience
- Can-do attitude and ability to focus and deliver
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
What We Offer You
- Small, dynamic and thriving organisation, where the contribution from each single individual employee have visible and tangible impact
- Empowerment and ability to grow with the company
- An opportunity to contribute in bringing GPS-like positioning to the great indoors
- Modern offices at Sollerud beach, close to Lysaker train station with excellent facilities, including free gym
- Competitive salary and overall compensation package
- Stock options program
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.